On the 2nd Feb the GSA committee met and heard reports from some of the Schools and Projects funded in 2022. Here below is a summary of the nine Schools which reported back to us.
Three of them did not send pictures, they are:
- Gbanjon AME Zion Primary School, Tamale, Northern Region. Provision of 40 dual desks.
- Hartley Trust School, Kasoa, suffered badly from flooding, a lot of work has been done including securing the footings and re-doing gutters.
- Zugu Dagboni Technical Institute, Tamale (Northern Region) 50 dual desks and office furniture. We have received a letter of thanks.
The following six Schools sent pictures:
1 Manyiha no 1 Basic School (Ahafo Region). We sent a grant for toilets completed in 2022 and a second grant for tables and chairs, the work is in progress.
2. Ahwerase Presbyterian Primary School (Eastern Region). We sent a grant for more furniture for their computer room needed because of the increase in pupil numbers.
3. Walewale Technical Institute (Northeast Region) The 6-unit KVIP Toilet Block has been completed.
4. Nambiri Primary School (Northern Region) Teachers quarters have been renovated thanks to an application by Abigail, a contact on our Youtube Channel.
5. Zuarungu Moshi (U.E.R.) A new urinal has been built and the foundations and supporting walls of the school have been reinforced.
6. AfriKids (Bolgatanga U.E.R.) We helped fund an IT Project in four Primary Schools in “extreme rural” situations, providing 50 Tablets in each school. Our contribution is for the security of the equipment and was helped by an anonymous donation from a GSA member.